Sunday, July 24, 2016

Exploring Technology Together

I once read that teaching technology is like being a first year teacher again.  Every step of the process has to be planned and procedures have to be in place.  It is very easy to run away from feel overwhelmed with technology.  But let me tell you, it is worth it.  Students (even at the elementary age) can be successful when given the proper tools and guidance.

Let me tell you a little about my background.  This will be my 9th year teaching first grade.  I have always taught first grade, and I believe in the power of authentic reading and writing.  I know that technology can never replace the physical book, but I believe that there are countless places where technology can enhance our curriculum.  Last January, our campus received four carts of Chromebooks.  Therefore, my experience with truly integrating technology is inadequate limited, but I am astonished at what my students were able to accomplish with such little time.

I invite you on this journey exploring technology with me and my students.  It is my purpose to share my experience in the classroom with you (both the good and the ugly bad).  Please feel free to comment about your experience in the classroom, share what works (or didn't work) with us and ask questions.  It looks like everyone is learning about this ever changing thing called technology together.

No comments:

Post a Comment